Soap FAQs


Why is a handmade natural soap better for my skin?

If you have ever seen flakes or dryness right after shower, chances are, the advertisement brain washed you successfully. Ever wondered why it happens? It happens because the off-the shelf cleansing liquids and body-washes contain some really harsh surfactants. They may smell good, look good, produce good lather- but they also damage your skin. They rip oils from your skin -drying them. A little , every day , for many years. 

Natural soaps are not oil ripping on your skin, in fact they are MADE FROM OILS AND BUTTERS ! They have therapeutic properties as they are made from real plant extracts and not harsh cleansing agents.Their colour, texture and aroma comes from seeds, fruits, vegetables, flowers & leaves. Most of them are made in small batches to maintain quality and improve performance and are then cured for 4-8 weeks to get rid of any extra water or oil saponifiers- leaving them 100% natural after curing.


What’s so special about ZoeM handmade natural soaps?

#1 Farm fresh, handpicked fresh fruits , vegetables , flowers, leaves, herbs and their extracts from India, Spain, Morocco and Bulgaria. Our thumb rule for active herbs is simple -  if you can eat it, you can apply it.

#2. ZoeM handmade bar soaps contain 100% pure cold pressed / unrefined oils and rich nourishing butters like raw shea butter from Ghana, Kokum , Sal and Mango butters from India and Cocoa butter from West Africa.

#3. If the plant has any anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal properties and/or vitamins, minerals, you can expect the bar soap to continue the nourishment.

#4. ZoeM handmade soaps work like cleanser+toner+moisturiser- all in one. They first deal with dead skin cells and foreign substances that enter the skin and then tighten, smoothen and hydrate the skin. They contain a lot of butters, floral waters and active herbal powders.


Will using ZoeM handmade soaps leave my skin dry?

ZoeM handmade soaps will not only leave your skin moist, but also you may never feel the need to apply an after-shower body moisturiser. They are designed to treat your skin like a baby’s, leaving it soft and supple after wash. We’d not be surprised if you save all the dollar bills forever on body lotions. Unfortunately, the load of chemicals used in the “big brands” have changed the perception about “soaps”. You may think a cleansing liquid is better than a bar soap - but for most brands , it's not. Most body washes are 70%-90% water and remaining 10%-30% is chemicals to keep the water , surfactants , artificial color and artificial fragrance intact. 


When can I expect results?

For best results, use ZoeM handmade soaps within 6 weeks after you receive it. Our skin renews every 28-40 days. For any product to show result- natural or chemical- this is the timeline you should be patient enough.


How do I decide which ZoeM handmade soap is suitable for me?

Select the right category on the home page of ZoeM website and read the product details fully on filtered results and you will get your answer. Here are some extra tips.

#1 For DRY SKIN, the best natural soap for your skin would be the one holding shea butter, coconut oil , olive oil, calendula oil, apricot kernel oil, evening primrose oil, hemp seed oil, meadowflower oil, flaxseed oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, rice bran oil, safflower oil-  these hydrate the skin thoroughly.
#2 For ACNE-PRONE OR OILY SKIN you need to look out for ingredients that can open clogged pores and clean the dirt inside of them , like activated charcoal, rose, lemon , orange.
#3 For SENSITIVE SKIN, look out for ones which are mild and have anti-inflammatory properties like aloe vera, coconut , tea tree oil, chamomile, calendula, cucumber and lavender keeps the complexion feeling calm and well nourished. Strictly avoid any exfoliating soaps on sensitive skin (examples- oats, activated charcoal, almonds, pistachio, lemon, orange or any other citrus fruits or vegetables)

Knowing your skin type is necessary and befitting it with a natural soap is the proper care for your skin.


Directions to use ZoeM handmade soaps

  1. Wet the soap with clear water to avoid any irritation or friction with the skin.
  2. Massage the soap gently on your skin for 10-15 seconds.
  3. Avoid contact with your eyes.
  4. Do not use on face.
  5. Once you’re done, rinse the soap with clean and cold water before keeping it back on the case.

Storage of ZoeM handmade soaps

  • Keep it away from direct sunlight.
  • Store it in a cool and dry place.
  • Keep it covered, in a clean soap-dish.
  • Don’t use plastic to store natural soaps. They don’t deserve it and you don’t wanna add more plastic to the environment.


Good to know

Our body is entirely covered with the biggest organ skin, just like all other internal organs , the skin absorbs health and strength from exactly the same food that we eat. Remember, 90% of your results will come from optimum hydration, eating right diet. For the remaining 10% nutrition and to repair damage from pollution, excessive sunlight and daily chemical exposure, use skincare that is safely made from non-toxic plants in safe dosages and have absolutely 0 tolerance for synthetics.

The soaps, creams, lotions and the like that you apply goes inside your stomach and is digested in the same way every day exactly like your daily meals. Our skin has langerhan cells in the epidermis that carry it all the way to the deepest layer of the skin, from where all the chemicals are further processed by the body as part of daily digestion. Be careful what you put on your skin.